• Admisson Form Available:
•Last Date of Submisson of complited Application From:
• Publication of the 1st merit list selected for admission into B.Ed course is on
•Dates of verification of the documents of selected candidates of 1st merit list selected for admission are positively on
(all original testimonials are to be produced at the time of verification)
• Admission of selected candidates under 1st merit list will be on
• Payment is to be made in cash or through demand draft in favour of “SAMMILANI TEACHERS’ TRAINING COLLEGE” payable at KOLKATA
• Publication of the 2nd merit list of candidates selected for admission into B.Ed course is on the college notice board & website on
•Date of verification of the documents of selected candidates of 2nd merit list selected for admission is on positively. (all original testimonials are to be produced at the time of verification) on
• Admission of selected candidates under 2nd merit list will be on
• Payment is to be made in cash or through demand draft in favour of “SAMMILANI TEACHERS’ TRAINING COLLEGE” payable at Kolkata
(Dr. M.M. Chel)
Admission will be made strictly on merit basis following the Calcutta University norms and others latest rules issued from time to time from competent authorities.
1. Eligibility : Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor's Degree
(General or Advanced level i.e. Hons.) and / or in the Master's Degree are eligible to
apply for admission to the programme. They must have at least two subjects at the
degree level of the following : Bengali, English, Sanskrit, Education, Geography,
History, Life-Seicence (Zoology/Botay/Physiology), Mathematics, Physical
Science (Physics / Chemistry) , Work Education & Computer Science
2. Application forms not duly filled in and not accompanied by attested copies of
certificates, mark-sheets and other relevant papers will not be considered. Age of
the candidate should be below 40 years on 30.06.2013 for freshers. Their shall be
relaxation of 10% Marks in favour of SC / ST and also relaxation of age 5 years for
SC/ST and has no age bar for Physically Disabled & Deputed Candidates
3. Scheduled Caste and Tribe and differently Disabled Candidates will be selected as
per Univ. & Govt. Order. They must furnish Certificates issued by appropriate
authorities and particulars about father's / guardian's occupation and income
statement along with the Application Form in support of their candidature.
4. After the submission of Application Forms, no other documents (e.g. Mark-Sheet
etc.) will be accepted for counting the Qualification Score.
5. Lists of Candidates selected for Interview / Viva-Voce for admission into B.Ed.
Course will only be displayed on college notice board soon after the last day of
submission of the application forms. No intimation letter / interview letter will be
sent to the candidates who will be selected either for interview or for admission.
6. Selection of candidates for admission to B.Ed. Course will be strictly restricted to
candidates who will be able to choose two of the method 'Subjects' (the subjects
must be studied at the degree level) from among those available in the college.
Selection will be finally decided by the College Authority.
7. Intake of the students in different subjects will be made on the basis of quota in
each subject, to be decided by the Selection Committee of the college.
8. Admission Forms will not be sent by post. Candidates will be required to collect
Admission Forms and Prospectus personally or through messenger from
Sammilani Teachers' Training College, Barakhola Mouja, Krishak Pally,
Mukundapur, Kolkata - 700 099 (Besides Dr. Devi Shetty's Hospital) or download
from our college website: www.sammilanittc.net . On payment of Rs.500 /- for both
of them only on all working days between 12 noon to 3 p.m. (Monday to Friday) & 12
noon to 1 p.m.(only on Saturday) on production of marksheet of degree or / and
9. Selection of Candidates for admission to B.Ed. Course will be made as per
Calcutta University norms and other latest norms and rules issued from time to
time from competent authorities (NCTE, Govt. of India).
The following procedure will be followed in calculating the Qualification Score (QS) of candidates.
(i) for Madhyamik = % of total marks x 0.1
(ii) for Higher Secondary = % of total marks x0.2
(iii) for old Higher Secondary = % of total marks x 0.1
(iv) for Hons. Graduate = % of total marks in Hons. only x0.3
(v) for Spl. Hons. = % of total marks x 0.1(No credit will be given for pass course)
(vi) for Post Graduate = % of total marks x 0.35
(vii) for Pass Graduate = % of total marks x 0.1
(viii) for M.Phil 3 marks and for Ph.D. 5 marks are to be given.
Applicants are to add the above scores for calculating the Total Qualification Score (Q.S.) in the Application Form.
9.2 Co-curricular activities (proficiency in Games / Sports / Music / Dance / Drama Acting / Fine Arts / Literacy etc. by Certificate)
(i) National level certificate showing the top position 5 marks
(ii) State level certificate showing to top position 4 marks
(iii) District level / Inter-University level the top position 3 marks
(iv) Sub-division level / Inter-college level top position 2 marks
(v) for Viva-voce (personality, Communication, altitude) 10 marks
Selection list will be prepared on the basis of total scores obtained in different examinations, co-curricular activities and Viva-voce.
Admission shall be made on merit basis.
10. Selection of deputed teachers from Secondary / Higher Secondary schools affiliated to W.B. Board of Secondary Education / Higher Secondary Council will be made according to the number of years of approved services in the School. In case of candidates having equal length of approved services in Secondary / H.S. Schools, preference will be given to academic qualification. Deputation allowance will be paid if received from the Government from the date of joining this College.
11. Reservation of seats for B.Ed. admission.
(i) S.C. – 22%
(ii) S. T. – 7.5%
(iii) Physically Handicapped –5%
OTHER UNIVERSITIES –As per Govt. Guidelines and University direction
12. For candidates from other university, migration certificate from the University where the Candidates studied last have to be submitted to the college at the time of admission. 13. The college authorities reserve the right to cancel admission without giving any intimation to him / her 3 (three) days after the commencement of the classes. In such cases the candidate's continuation of the course depends on the decision of college authorities.
FEE STRUCTURE :- 1) Admission Fee Rs.16,500/- 2) TUTION FEE Rs. 25,000/- 3) DEVELOPMENT FEE Rs. 22,000/- 4) PRACTICAL FEE Rs. 5,000/- 5) LIBRARY FEE Rs. 1,500/- 6) COMPUTER (ICT) Rs. 4000/- 7) CO-CURRICULAM Rs. 1000/- TOTAL Rs. 75,000/-
Students selected for Work Education or Computer Studies as method subject will have to pay Rs.10,000/- (ten thousand) as Lab Development Fee for each subject and Rs. 500/- (five hundred) for every laboratory based subject (Phy.Sc, L.Sc, Geography). Calcutta Univ. fees like Examination, Migration, Casual, Non-collegiate, Centre fee etc. are however to be borne by the students spearately.
SCHEDULE OF ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
1. Seminar by Students-Teacher Effectiveness Programme – January
2. 1st Term Examination – December.
3. Demonstration Lesson – 13th, 14th & 15th December
4. Practice Teaching – September and October,(in real school situation
followed by observation of lesson taught by Fellow Students).
5. Educational Tour & Excursion – 4th Week of January.
6. Final Teaching – 1st Week of February.
7. Test Examination – 3rd Week of March
8. Pedagogical Analysis and Teaching – January to February.
9. Seminar / Lecturer by Eminent Person on 2nd Saturday at 6.00 p.m. on Contemporary Issues and Psychological Test.
No. of Teaching Days = 150 Approx
No. of Practice Teaching Days = 30 days (Approx)
No. of Remedial Teaching Days & Tutorial Class Days = 20 days (Approx)
Examination (Test, Pre-Test & University Examination, Admission etc) = 40 days (Approx)
Details of Academic Calendar per subjects will be supplied to the students before the commencement of the classes.